Wednesday 31 May 2017

The perfect body language

The perfect body language

How does your co-worker perceive what you say?
55% body language.
38% the way it’s said.
7% the actual words spoken

The perfect body language

It is no surprise that perfect body language does not exist, but in the same way - just like in the spoken language - the more you experiment with your body language, the better it becomes. When I say this, I don’t mean that you will try to change yourself.
What matters is that you try to be conscious about the signals you are sending and how these signals affect other people.
You have the body language and the spoken language. Also in the spoken language there is something you have to pay attention to, if you want to be a better communicator and if you want to increase your arguments. While the body language shows something about you, the spoken language and your choice of words will show:
• How you understand yourself.
• How you think your interlocutor understands you.
• Your own belief in what you say

Words Up graders and down graders

Up graders and down graders are words that show how much we believe in ourselves and the things we are talking about. Therefore, they are important for us and for the power of our message.
“I’m in such a hurry, so I’ll take off now”.
“I’m running a little late, so I think I’ll leave soon”.
The meaning of the two sentences is the same: “I must be off now”. In the first sentence it is said by using up graders that increase the message. In the second sentence it is said by using down graders that makes the message weaker. Some word can be both up graders and down graders e.g. “Naturally”, “Just” and some swearwords.

MARKERS OF ATTITUDE
These words show your attitude towards the subject. Markers of attitude can be changed to other words that give the sentence another meaning:
“There’s a chance that my mother in law will stop by”
“There’s a risk that my mother in law will stop by”

WORDING OF THE SENTENCES

There are also some sentence structures that one should be aware of:
Yes but and no but sentences
Yes but… sentences are treacherous. First you agree with your opposite party, but in the next second you say the reverse:
“You can’t mean that”
“No, but I don’t think…”
“Would you help me to book the meeting room?”
“Yes, but I really have no time so…”


No comments:

Post a Comment