Wednesday 16 January 2019

CHANGING STYLE OF COMMUNICATION

CHANGING STYLE OF COMMUNICATION


It is a journey starting with change in the mindset of the individual – changing it from negative thinking to a positive one.
It signifies changing from „I should‟ to „I want to‟ and finally to „I will‟. The subtle differences in these stages of transition are:

(1) „I should‟
Such statements demonstrate powerlessness that places the ability to act quite outside the control of the speaker. These are passive statements and rarely, result in getting people to act.

(2) „I want to‟
These statements include expression of the intent to the desired level in a speaker. The listener taking action, as a result, is likely.

(3) „I will‟
Such statements are assertive as they claim ownership of the idea and present the concept to the listener in the present tense of „here and now‟. The speaker takes control of the idea and listeners‟ acting on it becomes imminent.


No comments:

Post a Comment