Friday 2 June 2017

ASSERTIVENESS - SELF-CONFIDENT REACTIONS

ASSERTIVENESS - SELF-CONFIDENT REACTIONS

1. I have the right to express myself unless I jeopardize other people.
2. When I plead for my rights I show self-respect and other people respect me as well.
3.Expressing my rights and needs clearly means that I take responsibility for myself and do not make someone else responsible.
4.If I do not tell other people about the way their behaviour affects me I will not give them the chance to change it.
5.Sacrificing my rights and needs I don’t allow other people to take care about me.
6.To the extent that I am free to plead for myself and to admit this to other people I get more from life.
7.Not making other people realize the way I feel is a kind of and a way of controlling others.
8.When I do for myself what I feel is right, I feel better and make my relationship with other people more authentic and satisfactory.

I-sentence has more effect if you use the form”One could” about your self. An I-sentence underlines that you take responsibility in the situation and for what you are saying.
“I definitely think it will work!”
“One could say it will work”
Another important point is to use the I-sentence in front of the sentence; it will give your message more power and give you better possibilities to reach your colleagues.
“This is a good suggestion I suppose”
“I mean that this is a good suggestion”

No comments:

Post a Comment